Headquartered in downtown Washington, D.C., the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is a nationally recognized and respected organization with over 15,000 attorney members who practice and teach immigration law. For our membership, we provide advocacy, continuing legal education, practice resources, professional services, and expertise.
Founded in 1946, AILA's mission is to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members. To learn more about our organization, please visit www.aila.org.
AILA’s Publications and Online Resources Department administers all content for the association, including the website, daily e-newsletter, print and digital publications, and an online immigration- law research library. The department is comprised of two divisions: Publications and Online Resources.
The Legal Publishing Student Intern works with the Senior Publications Manager and Legal Editor of Publications and Online Resources to produce core publications that will best serve AILA’s membership while simultaneously generating revenue for the association. Specifically, the person in this position is responsible for conducting research using legal databases and internet resources and assisting with publishing projects.
- Completing cite-checking and Bluebooking assignments
- Reviewing text for factual, grammatical, and typographical errors
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of Bluebook and other citation methods
- Demonstrated superior research and writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and make progress without constant supervision
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data discreetly and with integrity
- Team player
- Interest in legal publishing
- Familiarity with immigration issues is desirable but not required
This is a part-time paid position.
2nd or 3rd year law student.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
AILA received recognition as one of the 50 Best Places to Work by Washingtonian Magazine and one of the Principal 10 Best for Employee Financial Security. Our diverse membership is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated professionals who constantly work to navigate the complex practice of immigration law.