Marketing and Business Development provides leadership and coordination of all marketing functions. It develops, implements, and evaluates marketing strategies and tactics in support of association-wide goals and initiatives. The department is responsible for growing revenue streams by promoting products, services and programs; identifying new product opportunities; identifying and valuing specific target audiences; driving comprehensive marketing and branding initiatives; developing and nurturing strategic alliances, identifying and analyzing market data; enhancing the organization’s image and broadening its appeal.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Creative Writer is responsible for drafting and editing high-level marketing content of an exceptional quality for AILA’s emails, direct mail, and online marketing campaigns. In tandem with graphic design, this position will work closely with our Publications, Conferences, Membership, and Communications teams to optimize response and impact, and interface with the Technology and Online Content teams on implementation. This position will be responsible for creative ideas for testing across all campaigns and marketing programs to keep efforts performing at maximum levels. The role will write creative content based on the needs of multiple channels including emails, display ads, online and social media ads, text placements, direct mail, landing pages, order pages, microsites, and other medium to drive engagement. In addition, this position will be responsible for making sure communications are executed and distributed through the various marketing channels. This position will also be responsible for implementing the use of Google Adwords into the marketing mix and assisting with marketing and sponsorship research, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Conceptualizes and writes persuasive e-mails for AILA members and nonmembers regarding various AILA products and services.
- Works with stakeholders to understand products, services, markets, target audiences, and messages to be conveyed.
- Develops fresh ideas and winning creative copy for AILA’s emails, including optimized copy to increase email deliver-ability.
- Collaborates and brainstorms creative concepts with graphic designer and Publications, Conferences, Membership, and Communications departments to optimize response and impact of email messages to members and nonmembers
- Provides creative ideas for testing across all campaigns and marketing programs to keep efforts performing at maximum levels.
- Works with stakeholders and graphic designer to ensure marketing messages are conveyed effectively in a professional and visually appealing fashion.
- Create e-mails using e-mail programs.
- Researches and implements use of Google Adwords and other social media platforms
- Writes to the needs of multiple channels including display ads, text placements, direct mail, landing pages, order pages, microsites, and more.
- Works with project manager and/or department stakeholders to understand products, services, markets, target audiences, and messages to be conveyed.
- Collaborates with project manager and graphic designer to brainstorm creative concepts to promote products and services to AILA members as well as nonmembers with an interest in immigration.
- Writes persuasive copy for flyers, postcards, brochures, and other collateral targeting members and nonmembers urging readers to purchase AILA products and services.
- Works with program manager and graphic designer to ensure marketing messages are conveyed through various marketing channels in a professional and visually appealing fashion
General Marketing Support
- Execute marketing communications, conduct research, and provide general marketing support
- Works with Associate Director to ensure marketing communications are deployed according to marketing schedule.
- Track response rates to marketing communications using Google Analytics and social media platforms.
Required Education and Training
Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, or related area of study is required.
Minimum Job Requirements
1 to 3 years’ marketing and/or copywriting experience. Experience writing winning direct response marketing copy and incorporating proven best practices for optimizing response is required. Experience in a service, subscription or member-based business, including customer acquisition, renewal, engagement, and win-back programs is a plus. Experience in consumer, association, or business-to-business environments welcome. Experience writing for the legal community, in addition to direct response expertise, is a bonus, but not required. Please provide portfolio and results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Comprehensive understanding of marketing and communications best practices for optimizing customer response.
Proven experience in writing winning marketing copy.
Experience in working with marketing team and stakeholders on campaigns and developing marketing collateral.
Experience communicating products and services in a way that (a) optimizes responses, but (b) is aligned with organization’s mission
Superb persuasive copywriting skills .Exceptional spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofing skills.
Solid knowledge of writing style books and reference manuals.
Very detailed-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills. Capacity to handle
multiple competing priorities – including ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to write creative headlines and persuasive text.
Ability to proofread and edit copy.
Ability to quickly understand the needs of target audiences
Ability to write winning marketing copy that speaks to the needs of the target audience
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment with a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications. Our generous benefits include 100% of an employee’s Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision premiums, as well as contributions towards dependents’ premiums; a 401(k) with up to 3% matching contribution upon enrollment, employer paid disability and life insurance, commuter subsidy, and on-site fitness room. In addition, we provide employees with flexible scheduling and telecommuting options and plenty of time away from the office to bolster creativity and recharge. Added perks: four-week paid parental leave and a four-week sabbatical every tenth year of service.
AILA received recognition as a 50 Best Places to Work by Washingtonian Magazine. Our diverse membership is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated professionals who constantly work to navigate the complex practice of immigration law.
For Consideration Qualified applicants are to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement. Cover letter should include a summary of how your background, knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
NOTE: Applications without cover letters and which do not indicate desired salary may not be considered.
Direct hire only – NO recruiters (mail, email, fax or phone). No relocation offered.