Marketing and Business Development provides leadership and coordination of all marketing functions. It develops, implements, and evaluates marketing strategies and tactics in support of association-wide goals and initiatives. The department is responsible for growing revenue streams by promoting products, services, and programs; identifying new product opportunities; identifying and valuing specific target audiences; driving comprehensive marketing and branding initiatives; developing and nurturing strategic alliances; identifying and analyzing market data; enhancing organization’s image and broadening its appeal to new and more diverse market segments; and ensuring that marketing activities are aligned with organizational goals.
Reporting to the Marketing Associate, Non-Dues Revenue, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting non-dues revenue initiatives across the organization, including helping to carry out the tasks and deliverables that are integral to the Association’s overall marketing strategy and business development. This position is responsible for supporting revenue growth through advertising, sponsorships, exhibit sales, and list licenses as well as assisting in the management of affinity partner marketing programs and other non-dues revenue. He/she may also assist the Associate Director of Marketing and Member Experience with administrative tasks to ensure smooth departmental operations and support other team members as required.
Essential Job Functions
Exhibits and Sponsors
Provides support on advertising, list licenses, exhibits, and sponsorships. Acts as an initial contact with many prospects as determined by Manager. Promotes opportunities available to vendors.
- Assists Marketing Associate in promoting advertising, sponsorship and exhibit opportunities and selling to all relevant vendors to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Provides assistance throughout the sales cycle, ensures contracts and all paperwork have proper signatures and are filed properly. Ensures ads and other materials are submitted in a timely fashion and delivered to and produced appropriately.
- Leads the process to track payments through accounts receivable department and provide detailed accounting of status.
- Works to build and maintain the vendor database to ensure accurate contact information, sales history, and other relevant reporting.
- Executes an accurate production schedule for all vendor activity.
- Researches new vendors and adds potential vendors to our database each year (requires cold calling and other outreach).
Conference Exhibit and Sales
Supports the Marketing Associate to maximize sales of exhibit space and sponsorships for all AILA conferences, as well as securing advertisement sales. Coordinates with various AILA departments and vendors.
- Assists in managing all aspects of the exhibitor/ advertising/ sponsorship contract and payment process.
- Coordinates smooth transition of exhibitors and sponsors to conferences staff after payment is received, for guidance on hotel and exhibit hall logistics, etc.
- Works with the Annual Conference team to develop the Exhibit Hall floorplan.
Business Development/Affinity Promotions
The Coordinator helps the Marketing Associate to execute all advertising and promotional activities for affinity products and services as well as member communications, including direct mail, e-mail, print and online advertising, web postings, and social media activity.
- Coordinates tactical schedules for implementation of marketing plans, and as guided by manager communicates schedules to relevant parties, ensuring dates are met.
- Works with Manager and affinity partners to understand programs & target audiences.
- Supports Manager in his/her analysis and evaluation of result to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Provide liaison support between AILA staff and AC decorating company to ensure graphic requirements are clearly communicated and submitted on time.
- Provides some customer service support to Annual Conference exhibitors to ensure questions are answered in a timely manner
Other duties and responsibilities
Supports Associate Director of Marketing and Member Experience as needed.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Undergraduate degree in business or marketing is preferred.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
2-4 years marketing and/or sales operations experience. Prior experience selling or assisting selling exhibits, sponsorships, and print/online advertisements is a plus.
1. Understanding of marketing and communications theory and best practices
2. Demonstrated experience in trade show, conferences, exhibits and managing vendor relations desirable.
3. Experience in supporting marketing communications campaigns and developing marketing and collateral materials.
4. Willingness to develop a thorough understanding of AILA’s business, industry, customers, challenges and opportunities.
1. Strong customer-service focus and entrepreneurial drive.
2. Superb networking and interpersonal skills.
3. Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading and organizational skills.
4. Detailed-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
5. Capacity to handle multiple competing priorities – including ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
7. Strong member-service orientation.
1. Support innovative, actionable marketing strategies.
2. Communicate effectively, both verbally and/or in writing.
3. Think creatively.
4. Juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a demanding, busy, fast-paced environment.
5. Quickly absorb and analyze information for target audiences.
6. Take initiative and work with very minimal supervision.
7. Work independently and in close coordination with teams.
8. Travel and work after-hours and/or weekends, as needed.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment with a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications. Our generous benefits include 100% of an employee’s Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision premiums, as well as contributions towards dependents’ premiums; a 401(k) with up to 3% matching contribution upon enrollment, employer paid disability and life insurance, commuter subsidy, and on-site fitness room. In addition, we provide employees with flexible scheduling and telecommuting options and plenty of time away from the office to bolster creativity and recharge. Added perks: four-week paid parental leave and a four-week sabbatical every tenth year of service.
AILA received recognition as a 50 Best Places to Work by Washingtonian Magazine and one of the Principal 10 Best for Employee Financial Security. Our diverse membership is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated professionals who constantly work to navigate the complex practice of immigration law.
For Consideration Qualified applicants are to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement. Cover letter should include a summary of how your background, knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
NOTE: Applications without cover letters and which do not indicate desired salary may not be considered.
Direct hire only – NO recruiters (mail, email, fax or phone). No relocation offered.