The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is the national association of more than 15,000 attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. AILA member attorneys represent U.S. families seeking permanent residence for close family members, as well as U.S. businesses seeking talent from the global marketplace. AILA members also represent foreign students, entertainers, athletes, and asylum seekers, often on a pro bono basis. Founded in 1946, AILA is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that provides continuing legal education, information, professional services, and expertise through its 39 chapters and over 50 national committees.
AILA’s online properties allow the association to (1) provide timely information to its members, constituents, and the public, (2) encourage networking and interaction between members, (3) allow for easy access to AILA products and conferences and (4) provide important data about our membership’s needs to staff. The Online Services Department is responsible for the technical management of AILA’s online properties including AILA.org, Agora, AILALink and Message Center. The department ensures that these resources are operating at peak ability as well as looks ahead to see that the sites continue to utilize best practices in web technology and usability. The department assists other departments to make their materials available to a wide audience and in an easy-to-use format.
The Immigration Justice Campaign is a collaboration between the American Immigration Council and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. The Justice Campaign is a broad-based project to activate a community of lawyers (and other volunteers with supporting skills) to defend detained immigrants facing removal and to advocate for due process and justice for noncitizens targeted for immigration enforcement.
The Web Specialist will serve as the primary person responsible for maintaining the website of the Immigration Justice Campaign. Specialist will post materials, manage functionality and features, and provide support to the Campaign team for updating the website to reflect the Campaign’s latest work. Specialist will also assist with user “help desk” support for internal and external audiences. The Website Specialist will be part of a team who posts items to the AILA.org website and Agora e-commerce site. Specialist will assist in the management of the e-commerce platform. The specialist will assist with technical setup of e-learning courses.
This position has access to confidential information, and therefore must function in a professional and confidential manner.
Essential / Major Responsibilities:
Formatting in HTML/PDF and posting of all materials to IJC website. Managing technical platform to add new features and tools and conducting general website maintenance.
Posting of materials in HTML/PDF to AILA’s main website and creating products on the e-commerce site Agora.
Required Education and Experience
Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent with minimum 2 years experience working in a technical position.
Minimum Job Requirements
Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and a variety of content management systems. Higher Logic platform and Ablecommerce experience a plus.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities / Other requirements
- Working knowledge of HTML coding and CSS
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Working knowledge of E-commerce platforms,
- Familiarity with PHP and Google Tag Manager a plus
- Familiarity with Higher Logic, Ablecommerce a plus
- Understanding of the business importance of providing exemplary customer service.
- Outstanding and effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to develop a working knowledge of association products and services.
- Capacity to provide timely response to requests for information, service and/or assistance.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology knowledge to assigned work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and/or in writing with staff, members, vendors, and management.
- Ability to develop basic understanding of the types of legal documents and legal jargon of database material.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with members, customers and end-users.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm, be patient and use reason – even when dealing with difficult personalities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage competing demands and use time effectively.
Physical / Mental / Environmental Requirements
Requires sitting at a desk for extended periods of time; walking and standing for extended periods of time throughout the workday; use of a PC workstation for extended hours; lifting up to 10 pounds; and verbal communications with others.